Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Module 6

Technology infused classrooms
Technology infused classrooms look like modern up to date devices in play daily coordinating with the current curriculum. Many classrooms that are technology infused/ driven contain technological devices such as laptops, Google Chrome Books, Elmos, Image projectors, SmartBoards, Smart Responders and more. These types of classrooms contain up to date devices that offer students opportunities to better learn academics through visual, manipulative and kinesthetic technological devices. 
Having my own technology infused classroom, I plan on allowing my students constant access and use of all technological devices offered by planning lessons incorporating them daily. The ability to afford students the opportunity to use these devices when learning makes for an engaged and interested classroom. Therefore, my own technology infused classroom will have students working in cooperative learning groups using technology offered to better understand the material. For instance, if we are working on non-fiction texts, I can ask the students to group with their leveled reading groups and formulate a non-fiction text using iMovie sounds and images to create their own non-fiction text. Also, if we are learning vocabulary, I can have the students respond to created questions using the Smart Responders therefore allowing myself to identify students with a strong and limited understanding of content knowledge through responses. 
Technology infused classrooms! 
Overall, a technology infused classrooms identifies all necessary practices for essential learning using technological approaches. These may be any of the examples listed above and can include lessons that allow various learning styles to be met as technology connects with all learning styles auditory, kinesthetic, visual, tactile and more. My classroom is already technology infused as I was given a great opportunity to allow my students to learn with some of the most modern up to date technological devices. I must admit, teaching with technology, certainly makes for a much more engaged and interested classroom! 

No comments:

Post a Comment